Monday, January 14, 2008

The new year has rolled off without much hicups. School has since started for about a week now and things are starting to fall into a routine. I would wake up early these days when school start to get ready for early classes and hit the sack earlier too because of that. I sort of like having a routine in my life because that makes planning my time much less of a hassle. But too much of a routine makes life boring too when every day comes and goes without much excitement. That is why we must try something new everyday. For me, I like seeing new places and trying new things once in a while. Going to a new place to check out the food is something that I look forward too.
For this week, the highligth is visiting a new place in town which is much talked about lately. It is the new terminal 3 in Changi airport. However, my purpose of visiting the place is not solely for a first hand look at the new terminal but to send my friends off. Some of my friends are going on study and work exchange to China and Japan. That makes for a perfect excuse to check out the new terminal at the same time while bidding them a final farewell.
The new terminal gives one a sense of awe because of its sheer size and large empty spaces. I particularly like the cascading waterfalls in the departure halls which are decorated with wines running along the whole height of the artificial walls. It gives the hall a good mix of ultra modern architeture with a bit of nature in it. The wide use of glass also creates a sense of space and adds a touch of class to the whole place. The shops and dining places at the terminal are high end outlets like gucci, burbery and crystal to name a few. You know who they are targetting now!
Anyways, the trip to the airport is the highlight to and otherwise routine week. I kind of enjoy the trip down because I got to see the new terminal and also catch up with some old friends as we waited in the departure hall. It was a good break for me in the week where schoold just starts. Hopefully next week would have a few more surprises!

No comments: