Saturday, August 25, 2007

It has been some time since I last updated my blog. The reason being that school has started and things are getting real busy. People say that time flies when you are enjoying yourself. Well, that is a good sign because school have started for almost 3 weeks now and I have yet to realize it. Only while I was clearing up my room to make space for studying did I realise that 3 weeks have already passed. I started to get worried.....
I have been away from school for about a year since I was on attachment and overseas exchange for half a year each. This makes school all the more distant from me. It takes a lot for me to get myself ready for school life again. I hope it doesn't take too long because time is running short. School work is like interest charged by the banks. It adds up with time and usually it grows exponentially. Work is already starting to pill up and I am feeling the heat.
This year is the final year of study for me. It is a year of great challenges and anticipation. The effort for the last 3 years now falls on this all important year of study. There are many projects to complete, exams to prepare and completing the final year project thesis all while trying to enjoy what is left of school life. There is not much left of it because it would only last about another 9 months.
The final year brings with it mixed feelings. On one hand, I feel like getting over with all the work now and graduate to join the work force. On the other hand, I wish that I could stay in school and enjoy the carefree life of a student. Graduation brings with it much more problems and challenges. It brings with it freedom because we are no longer bounded by schedules of classes, assignments and exames. But freedom comes with a price. The price is the responsibility of being independent. Earning a living is a constant headache, not to mention the endless datelines, demanding bosses, back stabbing colleagues and etc.
Come to think of it... live in NTU has been a preparation for what is to come in the working world. The endless work that never seems to finish, the professors who give you tutorials that are out of this world and the ever so 'kiasu' students. Well... school isn't so different after all. I guess what is learnt in school last a lifetime.

1 comment:

Rayzor said...

True, true, very true dude! Couldn't agree more! I'm sure u will be able to handle the challenges man. Anyway, we're almost on the same boat... haha!Take care and God bless!!