Thursday, June 14, 2007

What is the craziest thing you can do? Jump off a bridge? Well... I think jumping out a plane at 13,000 feet sounds crazy enough. Skydiving was the most exciting thing I have ever done in my life. But having done it, I would not mind living the experience again. It is just pure adrenaline rush and the feeling of free falling is like nothing at all. The feeling is still fresh in my mind till now. What a feat!
This is the President of the Skydiving Club at Georgia Tech. It is through him that we got to know about Skydiving in GT and how it is possible to do a jump.
The ride up the plane to the jumping altitude was like no other plane ride before. As you see the earth going further away from you, you start to wonder why am I even doing in this plane. But that is the point of no return and the only way is down.
As the plane continues to climb, you start to have second thoughts. But then the plane levels off and people are getting into position. One by one, they line up at the door and start jumping out. Before I knew it, it was my turn. It is now or never... and off we go into the sky. It was just like floating in air and then you feel like a bird flying.
The view from the sky was just spectacular. I could see the lakes, mountains houses and even planes in the airport. It was just like in the airplane looking out. But the feeling of the air gushing by was like nothing at all. We were falling at speeds of up to 120 mph. Terminal Velocity!
After posing for some shots for the camera... It was time to have fun in the air. We did some fancy maneuvers in the air... it was totally awesome. Spinning in the air and doing dives... it was like superman flying.
After spending about 1 minute in the air, it was time to return to earth. The landing was pretty smooth and it was good to be back on solid ground though I wished it could last a bit longer.
Back at the hanger, friends are waiting for a hi five for a job well done!

No comments: